Good and Right Way of Fitness
Fitness is a term that encompasses the process of losing weight through exercise, with the aim of achieving optimal results. Fitness is also commonly practiced by both men and women who want to build their body muscles. In a short period of time, if done consistently, fitness can help us achieve our desired goals.
However, unfortunately, there are still some people who don’t know the correct and effective way to do fitness. Learning a bit about how to do it properly will help prevent mistakes and potential injuries during workouts. To achieve the desired body shape, here are some steps to follow in your fitness journey:
1. Make a Commitment
Many people are initially interested in fitness but give up after a few attempts when they realize it’s not easy or instant. This lack of commitment can hinder progress. It’s natural to feel bored at times, but don’t let it overpower your determination to achieve your fitness goals. Commitment is key to staying consistent.
2. Set Clear Goals
Before starting your fitness journey, especially at the gym, define your goals. Do you want to build muscle or simply tone your body? If your goal is muscle building, casual workouts won’t cut it. Workouts should be purposeful to yield results.
3. Determine Workout Frequency
Typically, fitness routines focus on developing muscle groups over time. Working out once a week is often recommended. There are specific movements that need to be repeated regularly. Here’s a breakdown of suggested workout days:
- Monday and Tuesday: Focus on chest muscles.
- Wednesday: Focus on shoulder muscles.
- Thursday: Focus on leg muscles.
- Friday: Focus on arm muscles.
While this system can be effective if your body is in good condition, it can be demanding and less relaxing. Training a muscle group only once a week can lead to muscle fatigue and potential damage. It’s better to allocate workout days evenly throughout the week. You can work each muscle group three times a week with three different options:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
- Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday
Choosing one of these options allows for more frequent training while ensuring adequate rest between workouts, which is essential for muscle recovery.
Always warm up before starting your fitness routine. Warming up helps loosen your muscles, making them more flexible and ready for exercise. Stretching is a suitable warm-up because it increases body elasticity.
After a proper warm-up, your body will be better prepared for exercise, reducing the risk of injuries. Remember that warming up is not just for beginners; even professionals and fitness trainers should always include warm-ups in their routines.
5. Control Your Breathing
During workouts, it’s important to control your breathing. Inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Avoid holding your breath when lifting weights or performing strenuous exercises. Properly regulated breathing helps optimize your fitness performance.
6. Use Simple Fitness Equipment
You don’t need to rush into using heavy fitness equipment. Start with simple fitness equipment, especially if you’re a beginner. Even when using simple equipment, having a trainer to guide you is beneficial, as they can help reduce the risk of injury.
Here are some examples of simple fitness equipment and how to use them:
- Chest Fly Machine: This machine helps target chest muscles. It involves sitting with your back flat on the bench and using padded levers to push your arms together slowly and then return to the starting position.
- Leg Press Machine: This machine works on leg muscles. Sit comfortably with your feet shoulder-width apart and press the weight upward with your feet, keeping your back flat.
- Triceps Pushdown with Rope Attachment: This exercise targets the triceps. Attach a rope to a high pulley, hold it with both hands and push the rope down while keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Lying Leg Curls: Lie face down on the machine and use your legs to curl the weight upward, targeting the hamstrings.
- Leg Extension Machine: Sit comfortably and extend your legs to work on your quadriceps.
- Air Bike: This exercise involves lying on your back, lifting your legs, and cycling in the air.
- Ab Crunch Machine: Similar to a sit-up, this machine targets the abdominal muscles.
- Wide-Grip Lat Pull Down: This exercise targets the back and shoulder muscles.
7. Use a Heart Rate Monitor
For effective fitness training, consider using a heart rate monitor. This device helps monitor your heart rate during workouts, allowing you to adjust the intensity of your exercises accordingly. Monitoring your heart rate can help you optimize your workout routine.
8. Rest Adequately
Pushing yourself too hard without sufficient rest can be counterproductive. Taking short breaks between exercises helps prevent fatigue and potential injuries. Resting for approximately 3-5 minutes between sets allows your body to recover and perform better.
9. Eat and Hydrate Before and After Fitness
Proper fitness isn’t just about the exercises; nutrition is crucial. Eat and hydrate before and after your workout sessions, even if it’s just a small meal. Your body needs energy to fuel your workouts and repair damaged tissues. Don’t forget to drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to stay hydrated.
10. Mind-Body Training
Fitness isn’t only about using equipment; it’s about building and training your muscles. You can also practice fitness at home or outdoors through activities like yoga and tai chi. These exercises can improve your muscle flexibility, coordination, and mental focus.
11. Listen to Fast-Tempo Music
Listening to fast-tempo music while working out can make your fitness routine more enjoyable and keep you motivated. Upbeat music can help prevent boredom and fatigue during your workouts.
12. Keep a Fitness Journal
After your workout sessions, consider keeping a journal to track your progress. This is especially helpful for beginners. Record details like the amount of weight lifted during your last set or the number of repetitions performed. A fitness journal can help you stay organized and motivated.
In conclusion, following the correct and effective fitness steps outlined above can contribute to your physical and mental well-being. Remember that overdoing it can be detrimental to your health, so strive for a balanced and consistent fitness routine to achieve your goals.